Tuesday, 1 May 2012

When one door closes..

Finally finished my 6 week internship as a Junior Art Director, Designer and Copywriter for CoDevelopment Canada, I think it would be only fair to write just one more blog. It feels AWESOME!  I think I can say that I have even finally adapted to the rain. I don’t think this will be the final goodbye/ end of my “studies”, but the Advertising and Integrated Marketing Program at SLC (in which I have spent my last 3 years evolving) has opened up a world of possibilities/ career paths I hope to one day proceed into.

I think choosing St. Lawrence was a great idea. I probably had the best 3 years of my life in that small town like city – some of them including live band performances, sports events and the student nightlife.

I figured that I would dedicate this blog to any students looking for something to do within the Kingston Area. If you are looking for things to do I suggest some of the following: On the topic of food, what EVER you do… you HAVE to try Smokes Poutine, no joke. Just one time (or when you’re going to be out past 1 am) there is no need to have an overdose. Also try the Copper Penny for sandwiches / wraps etc. and of course The Toucan. Yummy!

There are all sorts of things to do; you just need a weekend without the books. If you find yourself without the time to explore, take your books to Queens and change up that study environment. If you have the extra time to do other things other then listen to lectures and review notes until your brain is no longer of service – check out laser tag and glow in the dark mini putt located in the front mall.. I know, that sounded super lame but it is actually pretty awesome! There is also Fort Henry, the K- Rock Centre (for all of your sports and events) and of course Wolf Island / Sandbanks Park if you have a sunny warm day.

Interested in the nightlife other then Stages? Kingston hot spots the Brass and the Tir Nan Og
knows exactly what it takes to enjony a few beverages. Don't be afraid to even try out karaoke nights!

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one, which has been opened for us.”
- Helen Keller -

No comments:

Post a Comment